Artisan butchers are in high demand
A Retail Butchery apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a trade qualified butcher.
An apprentice butcher will typically:
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Process carcasses into primary and secondary cuts
- Pack and store products for display and sale
- Order supplies from wholesalers using AUS-MEAT Language, and weigh and check stock on receipt
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage-forming machines, and bandsaws
- Use correct detergents and sanitisers to prevent food poisoning and contamination of premises and equipment
- Assist clients (including hotels and restaurants) with menu planning, estimating food portions and production costs
- Collect payment for sales
- Prepare marinated meats and ready-to-cook dishes
- Advise customers about alternative cuts, cooking methods, storage requirements and nutritional aspects of meat.
TAFE QLD Hotel and Hospitality School
TAFE Queensland's Hotel and Hospitality School (QHHS) is training the next generation of five and six-star workers and invites outstanding applicants to join their flagship program,
International Hospitality Service Program at TAFE QLD
The International Hospitality Service Program is an exclusive program designed to develop frontline food and beverage service skills for work in luxury, five and six star properties
ICC Sydney - current jobs and future careers
Now open, ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier fully-integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
HTN's Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
Each year, HTN selects a winner of the prestigious HTN Peter Howard AM Future Chef Scholarship.
Looking for guaranteed work? Aspire is for you!
How does a guaranteed placement into some of Australia's best kitchens sound to you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Study events at William Angliss
Why settle for walking the red carpet when you can run the whole show? With our Event Management courses you can learn how to plan, fund, market and manage successful events.
Fancy a career in resorts?
The William Angliss Institute is an industry leader when it comes to developing world-class travel and tourism graduates, and its resort training is no exception.
, holiday parks
, hotel management
, resort management
, tour guide
, water recreation
, william angliss