Artisan butchers are in high demand
A Retail Butchery apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a trade qualified butcher.
An apprentice butcher will typically:
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Process carcasses into primary and secondary cuts
- Pack and store products for display and sale
- Order supplies from wholesalers using AUS-MEAT Language, and weigh and check stock on receipt
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage-forming machines, and bandsaws
- Use correct detergents and sanitisers to prevent food poisoning and contamination of premises and equipment
- Assist clients (including hotels and restaurants) with menu planning, estimating food portions and production costs
- Collect payment for sales
- Prepare marinated meats and ready-to-cook dishes
- Advise customers about alternative cuts, cooking methods, storage requirements and nutritional aspects of meat.
View from the kitchen - ICC Sydney
ICC Sydney is 'the place to be' - why not work here and start your career here - ICC Sydney wants you!
TAFE NSW will help hone your ambitions....
Matt Moran learned his culinary craft at TAFE
Taralga's Tahlia Collins wins Apprentice of the Year
Young Goulburn woman Tahlia Collins has just won the TAFE NSW Illawarra Apprentice of the Year.
ICC Sydney supporting diversity and inclusion
The events and hospitality industry is fortunate in being very diverse across a number of streams, and ICC Sydney will continue to support all backgrounds and celebrate their successes.
ICC Sydney - set your career apart from the rest
The ICC Sydney recruitment process sets them apart.
Topics: hospitality careers
, hospitality jobs
, ICC Sydney
, ICC Sydney Careers
, ICC Sydney events
, ICC Sydney hospitality
, ICC Sydney Jobs
, ICC Sydney jobs hospitality
, ICC Sydney tourism
, tourism careers
, tourism jobs
Apply now for a July start at William Angliss!
William Angliss Institute is accepting enrolments for a midyear intake for Commercial Cookery, Patisserie and Hospitality Management, so why wait any longer to pursue your passion?
Milk Texturing and Coffee Art
This is an advanced course, it is recommended that participants have completed Advanced Espresso, with some work experience in a commercial environment or have extensive industry experience up to 6 months working as a barista.
Puff Pastry short courses at William Angliss
In this hands on, comprehensive class learn how to master the intricate art of lamination to create, and perfect, puff pastry.