Artisan butchers are in high demand
A Retail Butchery apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a trade qualified butcher.
An apprentice butcher will typically:
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Process carcasses into primary and secondary cuts
- Pack and store products for display and sale
- Order supplies from wholesalers using AUS-MEAT Language, and weigh and check stock on receipt
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage-forming machines, and bandsaws
- Use correct detergents and sanitisers to prevent food poisoning and contamination of premises and equipment
- Assist clients (including hotels and restaurants) with menu planning, estimating food portions and production costs
- Collect payment for sales
- Prepare marinated meats and ready-to-cook dishes
- Advise customers about alternative cuts, cooking methods, storage requirements and nutritional aspects of meat.
William Angliss - Food & Beverage Service
This Food & Beverage Service course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers.
Total Chef Aspire - realise your aspirations at HTN
Check out HTN's ASPIRE Students. They are all at the end of their 3rd week of the program and have already learnt many useful skills, tips, tricks and techniques they can use!
Topics: Aspire program
, certificate III
, commercial cookery
, total chef aspire
William Angliss Event Management courses
Why settle for walking the red carpet when you can run the whole show? With our Event Management courses you can learn how to plan, fund, market and manage successful events.
ICC Sydney - current jobs and future careers
Now open, ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier fully-integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Culinary Jobs at ICC Sydney
ICC Culinary Services - delivering exceptional food and beverage experiences.
Master of Food Systems and Gastronomy at William Angliss
Do you want to generate positive change within the food system?
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news