Gault&Millau Australia - could you feature in the next edition?
Launch your career as a chef, restaurateur or sommelier and you could be recognised in Gault&Millau Australia.
Gault&Millau Australia 2016 Melbourne & Sydney Restaurant Guide to over 300 of Sydney and Melbourne’s best chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers, industry professionals and media who gathered for ‘A Night in Paris’ to celebrate the launch of the third edition at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
Gault&Millau Australia’s Chief Judge, Mark Dorrell said, “Since launching in Australia in 2014 we have grown our distribution by 100% — proving that Australia wanted another opinion. We have the right mix of produce, culinary talent and creativity to make Australia one of the world’s best dining destinations”.
This year saw the launch of the anticipated Gault&Millau Australia awards and the winners in 2015 are:
- Riedel Sommelier of the Year Award: Sally Humble, Lûmé (Melbourne) | Simon Curkovic, Marque (Sydney)
- Perrier Jouët New Restaurant of the Year Award: Lûmé (Melbourne) | Bennelong (Sydney)
- PorkStar Professional of the Year Award: Lawrence Ip, Cosi Ristorante (Melbourne) | Vanessa Duckworth, Four in Hand (Sydney)
- The Yellow Rose Award: Donovan’s (Melbourne) | Beppi’s (Sydney)
- The American Express ‘Potentialist’ Award: Hugh Allen, Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Lauren Eldridge, Marque(Sydney)
- V-ZUG Chef of the Year Award: Ben Shewry, Attica (Melbourne) | Daniel Puskas and James Parry, sixpenny (Sydney – joint winners)
- Lavazza Restaurant of the Year Award: Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Sepia (Sydney)
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Tourism, hospitality and events courses at TAFE NSW
With the right mix of skills, experience, and a TAFE NSW qualification, you can have an exciting career in this huge growth industry anywhere in the world.
HTN & ACF Inter Schools Culinary Competition
A BIG congratulations to all schools that took part in this year's HTN and ACF Schools Competition!
Fancy a career in resorts?
The William Angliss Institute is an industry leader when it comes to developing world-class travel and tourism graduates, and its resort training is no exception.
, holiday parks
, hotel management
, resort management
, tour guide
, water recreation
, william angliss
2018 Appetite for Excellence Winners
Appetite for Excellence 2018 winners were announced at an awards ceremony at Luke’s Kitchen in Sydney in August 2018.
Topics: 2018 appetite for excellence
, appetite for excellence
, Australian young chef of the year
, Australian young restaurateur of the year
, Australian young waiter of the year
, Luke Mangan Inspired Series
, luke's kitchen
, restaurant and catering
, tourism and hospitality
, young chef of the year
HTN's Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
Each year, HTN selects a winner of the prestigious HTN Peter Howard AM Future Chef Scholarship.
Hospitality and Tourism - TAFE QLD will prepare you for a successful career
Enter the lucrative industry of hospitality and tourism and learn skills that can land you a job anywhere in the world.
Looking for guaranteed work? Aspire is for you!
How does a guaranteed placement into some of Australia's best kitchens sound to you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
, commercial kitchen