Gault&Millau Australia - could you feature in the next edition?
Launch your career as a chef, restaurateur or sommelier and you could be recognised in Gault&Millau Australia.
Gault&Millau Australia 2016 Melbourne & Sydney Restaurant Guide to over 300 of Sydney and Melbourne’s best chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers, industry professionals and media who gathered for ‘A Night in Paris’ to celebrate the launch of the third edition at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
Gault&Millau Australia’s Chief Judge, Mark Dorrell said, “Since launching in Australia in 2014 we have grown our distribution by 100% — proving that Australia wanted another opinion. We have the right mix of produce, culinary talent and creativity to make Australia one of the world’s best dining destinations”.
This year saw the launch of the anticipated Gault&Millau Australia awards and the winners in 2015 are:
- Riedel Sommelier of the Year Award: Sally Humble, Lûmé (Melbourne) | Simon Curkovic, Marque (Sydney)
- Perrier Jouët New Restaurant of the Year Award: Lûmé (Melbourne) | Bennelong (Sydney)
- PorkStar Professional of the Year Award: Lawrence Ip, Cosi Ristorante (Melbourne) | Vanessa Duckworth, Four in Hand (Sydney)
- The Yellow Rose Award: Donovan’s (Melbourne) | Beppi’s (Sydney)
- The American Express ‘Potentialist’ Award: Hugh Allen, Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Lauren Eldridge, Marque(Sydney)
- V-ZUG Chef of the Year Award: Ben Shewry, Attica (Melbourne) | Daniel Puskas and James Parry, sixpenny (Sydney – joint winners)
- Lavazza Restaurant of the Year Award: Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Sepia (Sydney)
Culinary careers - hungry for your own success?
Michael actively sought an opportunity to discover a locale where he could mix his hunger for quality produce with his culinary intelligence
TAFE NSW will help hone your ambitions....
Matt Moran learned his culinary craft at TAFE
TAFE NSW: Cookery and Wine Courses
Do you have a passion for food or wine? A chef or sommelier course will put you in the world of great taste.
Hospitality Careers at Careers Australia
Australia's tourism and hospitality is a major contributor to the economy and is forecast to continue to grow. Now's the time to start your career in hospitality!
, careers australia
, certificate hospitality
, diploma hospitality
TAFE QLD tourism, travel and hospitality
Get the edge you need to quickly progress through the ranks in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Tourism - giving people the opportunity to reach their full potential
Thinking about a life after secondary school, Jessica considered what was most important for her future.
Get a first class career in hospitality...
Tracy created her own destiny by working her way into tourism and framing her life around it.
Master of Food Systems and Gastronomy at William Angliss
Do you want to generate positive change within the food system?