Gault&Millau Australia - could you feature in the next edition?
Launch your career as a chef, restaurateur or sommelier and you could be recognised in Gault&Millau Australia.
Gault&Millau Australia 2016 Melbourne & Sydney Restaurant Guide to over 300 of Sydney and Melbourne’s best chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers, industry professionals and media who gathered for ‘A Night in Paris’ to celebrate the launch of the third edition at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
Gault&Millau Australia’s Chief Judge, Mark Dorrell said, “Since launching in Australia in 2014 we have grown our distribution by 100% — proving that Australia wanted another opinion. We have the right mix of produce, culinary talent and creativity to make Australia one of the world’s best dining destinations”.
This year saw the launch of the anticipated Gault&Millau Australia awards and the winners in 2015 are:
- Riedel Sommelier of the Year Award: Sally Humble, Lûmé (Melbourne) | Simon Curkovic, Marque (Sydney)
- Perrier Jouët New Restaurant of the Year Award: Lûmé (Melbourne) | Bennelong (Sydney)
- PorkStar Professional of the Year Award: Lawrence Ip, Cosi Ristorante (Melbourne) | Vanessa Duckworth, Four in Hand (Sydney)
- The Yellow Rose Award: Donovan’s (Melbourne) | Beppi’s (Sydney)
- The American Express ‘Potentialist’ Award: Hugh Allen, Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Lauren Eldridge, Marque(Sydney)
- V-ZUG Chef of the Year Award: Ben Shewry, Attica (Melbourne) | Daniel Puskas and James Parry, sixpenny (Sydney – joint winners)
- Lavazza Restaurant of the Year Award: Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Sepia (Sydney)
Milk Texturing and Coffee Art
This is an advanced course, it is recommended that participants have completed Advanced Espresso, with some work experience in a commercial environment or have extensive industry experience up to 6 months working as a barista.
ICC Sydney - set your career apart from the rest
The ICC Sydney recruitment process sets them apart.
Topics: hospitality careers
, hospitality jobs
, ICC Sydney
, ICC Sydney Careers
, ICC Sydney events
, ICC Sydney hospitality
, ICC Sydney Jobs
, ICC Sydney jobs hospitality
, ICC Sydney tourism
, tourism careers
, tourism jobs
TAFE NSW will help hone your ambitions....
Matt Moran learned his culinary craft at TAFE
Build a satisfying career in hospitality and tourism
Learn specialist skills in hospitality, including food, wine and silver service, with a TAFE SA hospitality course.
QLD Hotel & Hospitality School
Hear what students at the QLD Hotel & Hospitality School have to say about the International Hospitality Service Program.
Puff Pastry short courses at William Angliss
In this hands on, comprehensive class learn how to master the intricate art of lamination to create, and perfect, puff pastry.
QLD Young Tourism Leaders
There’s never been a better time to launch a career in tourism. From hotels, resorts, transport and travel, tourist attractions and adventure tours – the possibilities are endless to build a successful, lifelong career.
Apply now for a July start at William Angliss!
William Angliss Institute is accepting enrolments for a midyear intake for Commercial Cookery, Patisserie and Hospitality Management, so why wait any longer to pursue your passion?