Gault&Millau Australia - could you feature in the next edition?
Launch your career as a chef, restaurateur or sommelier and you could be recognised in Gault&Millau Australia.
Gault&Millau Australia 2016 Melbourne & Sydney Restaurant Guide to over 300 of Sydney and Melbourne’s best chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers, industry professionals and media who gathered for ‘A Night in Paris’ to celebrate the launch of the third edition at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
Gault&Millau Australia’s Chief Judge, Mark Dorrell said, “Since launching in Australia in 2014 we have grown our distribution by 100% — proving that Australia wanted another opinion. We have the right mix of produce, culinary talent and creativity to make Australia one of the world’s best dining destinations”.
This year saw the launch of the anticipated Gault&Millau Australia awards and the winners in 2015 are:
- Riedel Sommelier of the Year Award: Sally Humble, Lûmé (Melbourne) | Simon Curkovic, Marque (Sydney)
- Perrier Jouët New Restaurant of the Year Award: Lûmé (Melbourne) | Bennelong (Sydney)
- PorkStar Professional of the Year Award: Lawrence Ip, Cosi Ristorante (Melbourne) | Vanessa Duckworth, Four in Hand (Sydney)
- The Yellow Rose Award: Donovan’s (Melbourne) | Beppi’s (Sydney)
- The American Express ‘Potentialist’ Award: Hugh Allen, Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Lauren Eldridge, Marque(Sydney)
- V-ZUG Chef of the Year Award: Ben Shewry, Attica (Melbourne) | Daniel Puskas and James Parry, sixpenny (Sydney – joint winners)
- Lavazza Restaurant of the Year Award: Vue de monde (Melbourne) | Sepia (Sydney)
Total Chef Aspire - realise your aspirations at HTN
Check out HTN's ASPIRE Students. They are all at the end of their 3rd week of the program and have already learnt many useful skills, tips, tricks and techniques they can use!
Topics: Aspire program
, certificate III
, commercial cookery
, total chef aspire
Master of Food Systems and Gastronomy at William Angliss
Do you want to generate positive change within the food system?
William Angliss Event Management courses
Why settle for walking the red carpet when you can run the whole show? With our Event Management courses you can learn how to plan, fund, market and manage successful events.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
ICC Sydney - current jobs and future careers
Now open, ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier fully-integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
William Angliss - Food & Beverage Service
This Food & Beverage Service course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers.
Culinary Jobs at ICC Sydney
ICC Culinary Services - delivering exceptional food and beverage experiences.