Hostplus Hospitality Scholarship
Are you a chef? Farmer? Winemaker? Front of house worker? Producer? Anything in between? Each year one worthy person is sent on a trip of a lifetime to learn from the best in the world. It's an unbeatable chance to learn from leading visionaries in the hospitality industry as we swing open doors to world-famous venues.
Applications open until 22 April 2016.
About the scholarship
Our scholarship is open to any area of the food and wine industry – from the paddock to the table – and the prize includes international work experience as well as an exclusive industry mentorship in Australia.
If you’re passionate about learning new skills, this could be the career injection you've only dreamt about! Open to any Australian residents aged 22 - 35 working in hospitality.
The winner will work closely with Melbourne Food and Wine to decide on three top venues across the world that relate to their area of expertise.
Prize includes flights, accommodation and spending money. On return, the winner will embark on a money-can’t-buy mentorship to continue their development in the industry.
How do I apply?
All you need to do is complete the application form, filling in detailed answers to every question and then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 22 April
Who can apply?
Applications are open to Australian residents aged between 22 years and 35 years who are employed and working in any area of hospitality.
The judging process
The judging process is a three stage process:
1. Applications and Cvs vetted by Melbourne Food and Wine
2. Shortlisted applicants selected for phone interviews conducted by the panel
3. Finalists selected for home visits conducted by two panel members
- Demonstrate ambition and a drive to succeed in the Hospitality Industry
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in a specific discipline within the Hospitality Industry
- Demonstrate leadership with the potential to shape the future of the Hospitality Industry
- Act in a professional manner and have a willingness to share their skills and knowledge with others
- Have an understanding and willingness to communicate in the digital space.