Commercial Cookery TrainerTemporary/Contract
Commercial Cookery trainer - Contract
- A role with variety and challenge
- Use your skills to keep apprentices in trade
- Commence in May
Restaurant & Catering Australia are seeking the services of a hospitality professional to deliver Commercial Cookery pre-apprenticeship training.
Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA) is the national association that leads and represents the interests of the 35,000 restaurants and catering businesses across Australia. In addition to actively pursuing national issues and projects of relevance to its members (such as training), R&CA is committed to ensuring that the industry is recognised as one of excellence, professionalism, profitability and sustainability within its broader social and economic contribution. This includes promoting and advocating the value of the restaurant experience to the public.
The role will be delivering and assessing selected units of competency from the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery. This will be a Pre-Apprenticeship program delivering training three days per week and participants will complete two days per week on the job work experience for ten weeks. It is envisaged that each participant will then become an Apprentice Cook creating an opportunity for the successful candidate to progress to ongoing employment
- Strong Communications skills (verbal and written)
- Current Hospitality industry experience
- Have appropriate business / industry qualifications
- Good understanding of hospitality business operations
- In depth knowledge of hospitality apprenticeships / traineeships
- Technology and Microsoft Office Skills
- Be able to provide advice and support to apprentices
- Own ABN and GST registered
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery at a minimum
- At least three years' work experience as a qualified Cook
- Current working with Children's check
Previous experience as a trainer is preferred but not essential
The position will report to the Education & Training Manager and be based in the Restaurant & Catering Australia Head Office, at St Leonard's training centre and require travel around Sydney.
You must have a current drivers licence and access to a reliable car. A Working with Children check is required for this position. May start date.
Applications close 1 May.
At: RESTAURANT & CATERING ASSOCIATION
Full time / Immediate Start
We're looking for an Apprentice Chef to join an exciting team. This local's favourite is looking for an experienced apprentice who will assist...
Food & Beverage AttendantCasual
If Hospitality is your career - this is the position for you.
Experienced Food & Beverage Attendant required for busy cafe - Cream Patisserie Boulangerie at Coorparoo.We are open for Breakfast...
At: CREAM PATISSERIE