Sous Chef CateringFull Time
Award winning Luna Park Venues is one of Sydney’s finest event and entertainment arenas. We offer world class venues with tantalising menus and dedicated service in an iconic setting with magical views of Sydney Harbour.
Whether it’s a corporate lunch or dinner, cocktail party, product launch or even a wedding celebration catering from 10 to 3000 guests, we invite you to play an important role in the success of Luna Park’s world class function catering.
About the role:
Full time Sous Chef with high volume function catering experience required to join our busy Production Kitchen. Reporting to the Executive Chef, and supporting other Senior Chefs, your role will involve assisting with the daily kitchen operations and team member organisation, providing clear professional leadership and direction to the more junior kitchen team, including supervising, training, developing, motivating and mentoring the team of junior chefs or kitchenhands. Assist with design, costing and implementing innovative menus, as well as control labour and food costs. You will provide a high standard of food preparation and production at all times, ensuring the facilitation of smooth and well managed service periods.
You will enjoy the surrounds of creative modern cuisine and be a part of a team that is striving for ongoing success in its field.
Skills essential to your success:
To be successful in this role your proven skills will include strong communication skills and a true passion and commitment for high quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards. You ‘live to cook,’ thrive in being on your feet working in a dynamic, fast paced Kitchen with the ability to perform multiple tasks at once under pressure. You take pride in developing your team members and have the ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
You will also require:
· Demonstrated experience in a similar role for a reputable venue in a high volume catering function environment
· Commercial Cookery qualification
· Strong planning, organisation and execution skills
· Extensive food knowledge and culinary skill
· Be able to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the industry
· Strong team player
· Sound decision making skills
· Able to handle high volume catering in a calm and professional manner
· Practise quality and cost control measures
· HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice
· Flexibility to work shifts rostered over 7 days including evenings, weekends and holidays
If you are a culinary professional, dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambitions to make an impact in the position we invite you to apply online NOW.
Please include a resume with cover letter detailing how your experience matches the position criteria indicated above.
At: LUNA PARK SYDNEY
Customer Service AuditionsPart Time
Looking for temporary work during the upcoming School Holiday period?
Does working in one of Sydney’s most recognisable icons sound like a dream...
At: LUNA PARK SYDNEY