Nominations are open for the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards!
Queensland tourism businesses, events and Regional Tourism Organisations are invited to nominate for the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards (QTA), proudly presented by Queensland Airports Limited in partnership with Tourism and Events Queensland.
Nominations are required to be submitted by Wednesday 1 June 2016.
All nominations must be lodged via the online E-Awards portal by Wednesday 1 June 2016. Written award submissions, due on Monday 15 August 2016, will not be accepted unless you previously entered your nomination on or before the deadline (Wednesday 1 June 2016). Please note: QTIC members receive a discount on entry fees.
Why enter the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards?
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism business
- Discover the full potential of your enterprise
- Super charge your annual business planning process
- Gain a competitive edge by receiving feedback from industry leaders
- Use your submission as a benchmark to improve your bottom line
- Receive media publicity and exposure
- Energise and motivate your staff
- Use the Awards logo to promote your operation as an award-winning business
- Celebrate and network with industry peers and colleagues at the Gala Awards ceremony
- Automatic entry into the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards for Gold Winners in categories 1 to 26
- The Gala Awards ceremony on Friday 11 November 2016 will be the biggest industry party of the year!
Don't just take our word for it! Watch a short video to hear directly from past winners about the benefits of participating (and winning!) in the Queensland Tourism Awards.
Minor updates to some categories in 2016
Following a review of the Awards program at a national level, some minor changes have been made to categories and criteria in the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards. It is important that entrants in the 2016 Awards program (particularly those that have entered previously), take note of all changes and updates. DO NOT refer to criteria specifications and eligibility descriptors from the 2015 (or earlier) Queensland Tourism Awards as they no longer apply. If your submission refers to criteria from 2015 or earlier years, your submission will lose points when the entry is assessed by judges.
GUIDELINES: Read more about the 2016 criterion and category changes
CATEGORIES: View the categories of the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards
Entrants in 2016 must be accredited or certified*
In 2016, Queensland Tourism Awards entrants are required to be certified or accredited in order to be eligible for entry into the Queensland Tourism Awards program. This accreditation or certification will be in addition to the legal requirements necessary for operation of your business (e.g. registrations for vehicles and equipment, licence requirements for employees).
- Category 3: Major Festivals & Events
- Category 4: Festivals & Events
- Category 8: Specialised Tourism Services
- Category 14: The Richard Power Award for Destination Marketing
- Category 26: Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Volunteer Group
- Cateogry 27: Young Achievers Award
- Category 28: The Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual.
- Information is available in the Accreditation and the Queensland Tourism Awards Information Pack. Further questions or comments about certification and accreditation for entry into the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards can be directed to Gemma Haskings on (07) 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Familiarise yourself with the 2016 key dates (refer below), entry fees and review the Queensland Tourism Awards nominations and entry process.
- Review the updates to some criteria in 2016 and ensure you do not refer to criteria specifications and eligibility descriptors from 2015 (or earlier) Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Visit the 'How to Enter' page on the Queensland Tourism Awards website and follow the steps to submit your nomination before Wednesday 1 June 2016.
- Enter your written Queensland Tourism Awards submission on or before Monday 15 August 2016 (see How to Enter for further details and ensure you have reviewed the Rules for Entry).
- Read the Maximise Your Participation in the Queensland Tourism Awards guidelines to find out how to make the most of your involvement in the awards program.
- Ensure you receive updates about the Queensland Tourism Awards by following our social media channels and hashtag #QTA16.
Partnership and sponsorship opportunities for the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards offer significant benefits and can be tailored to meet your organisation's commercial objectives. The Queensland Tourism Awards are a fantastic opportunity to expose your brand to the tourism industry, drive exposure of your organisation and demonstrate your support of Queensland's tourism sector. View the 2016 Partnership Proposal Booklet, watch the partnership opportunities reel or contact Gemma Haskings on (07) 3236 1445 or email@example.com.
- Stay connected: #QTA16
News, updates and more information about the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards is available at: