QLD's Salute to Excellence for Tourism & Hospitality students
The QTIC Salute to Excellence Award recognises the dedication of Year 11 and 12 students undertaking training in tourism, cookery or food and beverage through stand-alone Vocational Education and Training and/or school-based traineeships at Queensland's state and non-state secondary schools. The awards highlight the importance of promoting Vocational Education and Training among secondary schools across the state.
Questions or sponsorship enquiries can be directed to the QTIC Industry Development - Training team on (07) 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of participating in Salute to Excellence
- Establish industry/employer contacts and mentors
- Gain assistance with career aspirations
- Industry and state recognition of achievements
- Maximise opportunities for publicity
- Hear success stories from industry professionals
- Meet other like-minded students and trainers from across Queensland.
2016 Salute to Excellence
Nominations are now open!
Nominations for the 2016 Salute to Excellence Awards are now open. Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 29 April 2016.
To enter, please complete the Nomination Kit and either email it to email@example.com or post a hard copy to Queensland Tourism Industry Council, Industry Development Project Officer, PO Box 13162 , George Street, Brisbane Qld 4003.
2016 Key Dates
- Friday 29 April Salute Nominations Close (click to download Nomination Kit)
- Friday 6 May Successful ‘Salutee’ applicants notified
- Friday 27 May Skills Test Day at TAFE Queensland Brisbane, South Bank
- Monday 11 July RSVP due for Awards Dinner
- Friday 22 July Salute to Excellence Awards Dinner
View the flyer promoting the 2016 Salute to Excellence Program including information about the benefits of participating and why Queensland students should get involved. VIEW FLYER