TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.
, events management
William Angliss - Scoop of the Day short course
Learn how to produce your own creamy gourmet ice cream and seasonal sorbets.
HTN - Total Chef Professional Program
Take your Passion to a Professional Level. Obtain a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and realise your dreams with workplace experiences, masterclasses, competitions and more!
TAFE NSW: Cookery and Wine Courses
Do you have a passion for food or wine? A chef or sommelier course will put you in the world of great taste.
Finest Australian hospitality businesses recognised in 2017 Awards for Excellence
The 2017 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Hostplus National Awards for Excellence was held in Melbourne's Peninsula to celebrate the achievements of Australia's finest hospitality businesses.
Stories from a TAFE tourism and hospitality student
Brad's passion for the Tourism/Travel sector all began for me back in around 2001, when he started volunteering at the Local Tourist Information Centre and finished in about 2005 and he volunteered while he was studying at Secondary College.
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Hospitality and Tourism - TAFE QLD will prepare you for a successful career
Enter the lucrative industry of hospitality and tourism and learn skills that can land you a job anywhere in the world.
William Angliss - Food & Beverage Service
This Food & Beverage Service course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers.