TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.
, events management
The GC2018 effect: jobs boom in the tourism, hospitality and events industry
The tourism, events and hospitality industry in Australia is currently experiencing high-growth, especially on the Gold Coast with the upcoming Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, with an anticipated 100,000 visitors to the region next year for the GC2018 event alone.
William Angliss Open Day - 13 August - Melbourne
If you’re considering an exciting career in Foods, Tourism, Hospitality or Events, be sure to visit our annual Melbourne Open Day on Sunday 13 August between 10.00am and 3.00pm!
Topics: australian tourism
, events courses
, hospitality courses
, tourism australia
, tourism courses
, william angliss
, William Angliss courses
, William Angliss Events
, William Angliss Hospitality
, William Angliss Open Day
, William Angliss tourism
Restaurant Australia: ICC Sydney
ICC Sydney offers world class catering for events
Golden Horse Australia partners with Accor
Tourism Australia has welcomed the announcement of Golden Horse Australia’s partnership with Accor to manage a $60 million new-build luxury hotel at the Links Hope Island Golf Course property on the Gold Coast.
Commercial Cooking and Hospitality: Looking Ahead in 2017
In the heavily subjective spaces of cookery and hospitality, riding the trends is as important as setting them. Let's look ahead to what's next.
William Angliss Degrees in Tourism, Hospitality or Events
Interested in becoming a leader in the Foods, Tourism, Hospitality or Events industries?
Ever wondered how to make a career out of travelling?
Australia's travel and tourism industry attracts hundreds of thousands of people to Australia each year.
HTN - Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
HTN Apprentices can “self-nominate” by creating a video submission