TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.
, events management
Tourism Industry says G’day as part of new UK campaign
Tourism Australia is asking industry to record themselves in a 4-5 second selfie-style video saying G’day to British travellers to form part of a new campaign in the UK called #24MillionMates.
Restaurant & Catering Apprenticeships
Restaurant & Catering Industry Association of Australia (Provider number 6868) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and as such is able to deliver nationally recognised certificate level training and industry short courses.
Master of Food Systems and Gastronomy at William Angliss
Do you want to generate positive change within the food system?
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
TAFE QLD Hotel and Hospitality School
TAFE Queensland's Hotel and Hospitality School (QHHS) is training the next generation of five and six-star workers and invites outstanding applicants to join their flagship program,
QTIC Futures Program - tourism & hospitality courses and training
QTIC has secured funds to offer fully funded training across Queensland. QTIC's programs and locations are highlighted below, click on the program overview links for detailed information on the various training programs available.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news
Restaurant Australia - best new restaurants to try
From the ambitiously artistic to the perennial crowd pleaser, the Australian dining scene has welcomed a horde of incredible new restaurants in recent months.