TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.
, events management
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
TAFE QLD Hotel and Hospitality School
TAFE Queensland's Hotel and Hospitality School (QHHS) is training the next generation of five and six-star workers and invites outstanding applicants to join their flagship program,
ICC Sydney - current jobs and future careers
Now open, ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier fully-integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news
Fancy a career in resorts?
The William Angliss Institute is an industry leader when it comes to developing world-class travel and tourism graduates, and its resort training is no exception.
, holiday parks
, hotel management
, resort management
, tour guide
, water recreation
, william angliss
Looking for guaranteed work? Aspire is for you!
How does a guaranteed placement into some of Australia's best kitchens sound to you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
, commercial kitchen
HTN's Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
Each year, HTN selects a winner of the prestigious HTN Peter Howard AM Future Chef Scholarship.
International Hospitality Service Program at TAFE QLD
The International Hospitality Service Program is an exclusive program designed to develop frontline food and beverage service skills for work in luxury, five and six star properties