William Angliss short course - Food and Beverage service
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers. It is designed to instruct participants on the fundamentals of customer service within the food and beverage industry, enabling employees to deliver a superior, dining experience increasing customer satisfaction and encouraging pride in the workplace
The aim of the course is to:-
- To implement a high level of consistent service.
- To feel a greater sense of self achievement.
- To identify glassware, cutlery and table settings as per the style of service.
- To finesse food and drink carrying skills.
- To have confidence in wine opening and know pouring levels.
- To be familiar with front of house operations.
- To have awareness of different customer attitudes.
- To learn to have both teamwork and workplace respect.
The course covers various roles within a restaurant, bar or other hospitality environment. Participants will be guided through various skills including:-
- Dining room preparation, mise en place
- Knowledge of types of menus
- Table settings with correctness.
- Plate carrying with style.
- Wine opening, pouring & drink tray service.
- Napkin folding.
- Restaurant order of service.
- What customers expect.
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation for Basic Food and Beverage Service.
Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management at TAFE QLD
Build a career in an exciting industry at TAFE QLD
William Angliss short courses - pastry
All those in favour say…pie! Uncover the secrets to producing the perfect pie, from succulent fillings to flawless pastry enclosures.
QTIC Tourism Indigenous Employment Champions Network
The QTIC Tourism Indigenous Employment Champions Network, supported by The Star Entertainment Group, aims to support tourism employers to recruit and retain Indigenous employees. The Network is a group of volunteer tourism operators that have exhibited best practice in the recruitment and retention of Indigenous employment.
Together with the Champions, QTIC have developed a range of resources for tourism operators, presented at numerous industry conferences, facilitated industry forums, provided tourism industry career path information to Indigenous students and job seekers, and identified Indigenous employment placements within the industry.
Click on image below.
Looking for guaranteed work? Aspire is for you!
How does a guaranteed placement into some of Australia's best kitchens sound to you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
, commercial kitchen
Tourism at TAFE NSW
Are you excited by the wonders of the world? Studying a travel and tourism course
HTN - Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
HTN Apprentices can “self-nominate” by creating a video submission
Careers in tourism
With the whole world at your disposal, it’s no surprise that the tourism industry offers endless opportunities. At William Angliss Institute, you can channel your interests and strengths into a dream job that will never feel like work.
Restaurant Australia: ICC Sydney
ICC Sydney offers world class catering for events