A hot career in hospitality
A TAFE Queensland Brisbane qualification is the secret ingredient you need for a hot career in hospitality.
From developing gastronomically delightful menus to creating star-studded events, you'll learn the skills you need to take on the world with our range of certificate and diploma courses.
Our teachers will give you the recipe for success at our state-of-the-art College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH). Boasting a 200 seat fine-dining restaurant, 100 seat bistro, 10 professional kitchens and a 60 seat theatre and demo kitchen, this world-class facility will have you mastering the art of working in a commercial kitchen, catering for events and functions and much more!
Major Industry Employers:
- Echo Entertainment Group including Treasury Casino, Jupiters Casino and the new Queen's Wharf complex
- Royal International Convention Centre (RNA)
- Hilton Hotel Group
- Sofitel Hotel Group
- Rydges Hotel
- Parliament House
- Watermark Hotel
Qualifications you can take anywhere:
- Event management
- Commercial cookery
- Food and beverage
- Kitchen operations
- Food safety supervisor
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Meat retailing
- International Hospitality Service Program *new*
Top reasons to study hospitality with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Working in our restaurant preps you for the real world of cooking and hospitality.
- Each year, recruiters from Disney World in Florida, USA will come and hand-pick students to work at Disney World during semester breaks.
- Our instructors are industry professionals and great teachers - two for the price of one!
- Study now and pay later with VET FEE-HELP for a range of diplomas.
- Flexible classes with online and evening modes of study available.
Did you know?
- Another 42,700 people are expected to be employed in the Australian hospitality industry by 2017.
I've done it!
"TAFE Queensland Brisbane gave me confidence and ammunition to succeed. They have pretty phenomenal teachers who have great connections with workplaces around Brisbane and afar. It's an education with a difference."
Nicole Blums, student, Diploma of Hospitality