Artisan butchers are in high demand
A Retail Butchery apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a trade qualified butcher.
An apprentice butcher will typically:
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Process carcasses into primary and secondary cuts
- Pack and store products for display and sale
- Order supplies from wholesalers using AUS-MEAT Language, and weigh and check stock on receipt
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage-forming machines, and bandsaws
- Use correct detergents and sanitisers to prevent food poisoning and contamination of premises and equipment
- Assist clients (including hotels and restaurants) with menu planning, estimating food portions and production costs
- Collect payment for sales
- Prepare marinated meats and ready-to-cook dishes
- Advise customers about alternative cuts, cooking methods, storage requirements and nutritional aspects of meat.
Culinary Jobs at ICC Sydney
ICC Culinary Services - delivering exceptional food and beverage experiences.
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Expand your career horizon in events at TAFE QLD
If planning large-scale projects makes you tick, get caught up in the excitement of one of TAFE QLD's event management courses.
QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards
The QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards recognises Year 11 and 12 students that are under-taking or have recently completed vocational education and training in tourism, food and beverage and cookery.
William Angliss Event Management courses
Why settle for walking the red carpet when you can run the whole show? With our Event Management courses you can learn how to plan, fund, market and manage successful events.
William Angliss Institute - Apply now for July start
Interested in becoming a leader in the Foods, Hospitality or Hotel Management industries?
Be inspired! Watch Chad Pridue, Chef at Peterson’s House discuss his career
“Listen to your head chef: heads down, bums up and write down your recipes” – these tips and more from Chef Chad Pridue, Head Chef at restaurant Cuvee in Peterson’s House in NSW's Hunter Valley.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news