Food and Beverage service course at William Angliss
This William Angliss Institute course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers. It is designed to instruct participants on the fundamentals of customer service within the food and beverage industry, enabling employees to deliver a superior, dining experience increasing customer satisfaction and encouraging pride in the workplace
The aim of the course is to:-
The course covers various roles within a restaurant, bar or other hospitality environment. Participants will be guided through various skills including:-
- To implement a high level of consistent service.
- To feel a greater sense of self achievement.
- To identify glassware, cutlery and table settings as per the style of service.
- To finesse food and drink carrying skills.
- To have confidence in wine opening and know pouring levels.
- To be familiar with front of house operations.
- To have awareness of different customer attitudes.
- To learn to have both teamwork and workplace respect.
- Dining room preparation, mise en place
- Knowledge of types of menus
- Table settings with correctness.
- Plate carrying with style.
- Wine opening, pouring & drink tray service.
- Napkin folding.
- Restaurant order of service.
- What customers expect.
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation for Basic Food and Beverage Service.
QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards
The QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards recognises Year 11 and 12 students that are under-taking or have recently completed vocational education and training in tourism, food and beverage and cookery.
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news
William Angliss Institute - Apply now for July start
Interested in becoming a leader in the Foods, Hospitality or Hotel Management industries?
Tourism, Hospitality and Events courses at TAFE NSW
With the right mix of skills, experience, and a TAFE NSW qualification, you can have an exciting career in this huge growth industry anywhere in the world.
Topics: commercial cookery
, cookery courses
, hospitality careers
, hospitality courses
, hospitality jobs
, TAFE NSW
, TAFE NSW cookery
, TAFE NSW event management
, TAFE NSW food science
, TAFE NSW hospitality
, TAFE NSW travel and tourism
ICC Sydney - current jobs and future careers
Now open, ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier fully-integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
HTN Apprentices - Become an Apprentice Chef today!
A career as a professional Chef is both fulfilling and indeed rewarding with very real opportunity for career advancement, travel abroad, and job satisfaction.