Meet Daniel Hanwright, one of HTN's ISMAA Coordinators!
HAVE YOUR OWN DEDICATED CULINARY MENTOR!
The Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) program is an Australian Government initiative that will provide intensive support to Apprentices in the first two years of apprenticeship training. Through the ISMAA program, Australian Apprentices completing an apprenticeship in Certificate III in Commercial Cookery will be provided regular one on one contact with highly skilled mentors who have years of industry experience.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM?
- You will be supported on the job by your own Culinary Mentor who is a qualified Chef.
- An individual Mentoring Plan will be developed with you to support your training.
- Gain access to the HTN Skills Board that includes culinary skills videos, recipes, menu planners and more.
- Have someone to turn to when you have a question or need some advice.
- It’s Free!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Australian Apprentices undertaking a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery Apprenticeship.
- Australian Apprentices within the first two years of their training.
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO BE MENTORED?
Email your name and your phone number to ISMAA@htn.com.au
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by
the Australian Government Department of Education and Training
ISMAA Mentor - Daniel
Daniel was an apprentice with HTN and after completing his time worked for 13 years in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area in restaurants, cafes and hotels as Sous and Head chef.
Daniel says "After my first child was born I needed to look at a more family-friendly option and took up training for 5 years and worked as a remote trainer with job seekers and existing workers looking to increase their skills.
I then for the next for 3 years took the opportunity to work with a training resources development company for hospitality training resources and was exposed to the LMS and online side of training and in my role helped RTO's to properly use their online resources and how to apply the compliance our company provided in regards to assessment and, effectively training the trainers.
I have now joined with HTN to help mentor the next generation of chefs and help ensure my industry continues to improve and grow stronger!"