TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.
, events management
Tourism, hospitality and events courses at TAFE NSW
With the right mix of skills, experience, and a TAFE NSW qualification, you can have an exciting career in this huge growth industry anywhere in the world.
Hospitality and Tourism - TAFE QLD will prepare you for a successful career
Enter the lucrative industry of hospitality and tourism and learn skills that can land you a job anywhere in the world.
The Star Sydney is looking for Apprentice Chefs
Star Sydney are currently taking expressions of interest for enrollment in The Star Culinary Institution to start in early December.
HTN's Peter Howard Culinary Scholarship
Each year, HTN selects a winner of the prestigious HTN Peter Howard AM Future Chef Scholarship.
HTN & ACF Inter Schools Culinary Competition
A BIG congratulations to all schools that took part in this year's HTN and ACF Schools Competition!
Looking for guaranteed work? Aspire is for you!
How does a guaranteed placement into some of Australia's best kitchens sound to you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
, commercial kitchen
Fancy a career in resorts?
The William Angliss Institute is an industry leader when it comes to developing world-class travel and tourism graduates, and its resort training is no exception.
, holiday parks
, hotel management
, resort management
, tour guide
, water recreation
, william angliss
2018 Appetite for Excellence Winners
Appetite for Excellence 2018 winners were announced at an awards ceremony at Luke’s Kitchen in Sydney in August 2018.
Topics: 2018 appetite for excellence
, appetite for excellence
, Australian young chef of the year
, Australian young restaurateur of the year
, Australian young waiter of the year
, Luke Mangan Inspired Series
, luke's kitchen
, restaurant and catering
, tourism and hospitality
, young chef of the year