TAFE QLD - College of Tourism & Hospitality
At TAFE Queensland Brisbane, students seeking a tourism career can undertake a diploma in the disciplines of hospitality, tourism or events at the College of Tourism and Hospitality (COTAH).
Industry placements and immersion projects provide a 'consultative style' of learning, which allows students to enhance real hotel operations and assist businesses with their daily performance. Key industry project partners include the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) Ekka Showgrounds, the Jephson Hotel, the Point Hotel and QPAC. These partnerships engage the local business community, and build strong partnerships with the local tourism industry.
Students can also access 'real-world' training through the Disney World International Program - COTAH is the preferred provider for the prestigious program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Major Industry Employers:
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism and Events Queensland
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Contiki Tours
Start your adventure with qualifications in:
Top reasons to study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- We're award winners! In 2014 we took home the gold award for Tourism Education and Training at the Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Experience the industry with exciting work placements.
- Travel the world with nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefit from flexible classes with online and evening modes of study.
- You could go to Disneyland! Disney visits TAFE Queensland each semester to recruit students to work at Disneyworld Florida, USA.
- Get VET FEE-HELP or study now pay later options for some diploma programs.
Did you know?
- Tourism directly employs almost 6% of all working Queenslanders
- Nine in 10 tourism businesses in Queensland are small business employing 1-19 people.