William Angliss - Food & Beverage Service
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers. It is designed to instruct participants on the fundamentals of customer service within the food and beverage industry, enabling employees to deliver a superior, dining experience increasing customer satisfaction and encouraging pride in the workplace
The aim of the course is to:-
- To implement a high level of consistent service.
- To feel a greater sense of self achievement.
- To identify glassware, cutlery and table settings as per the style of service.
- To finesse food and drink carrying skills.
- To have confidence in wine opening and know pouring levels.
- To be familiar with front of house operations.
- To have awareness of different customer attitudes.
- To learn to have both teamwork and workplace respect.
The course covers various roles within a restaurant, bar or other hospitality environment. Participants will be guided through various skills including:-
- Dining room preparation, mise en place
- Knowledge of types of menus
- Table settings with correctness.
- Plate carrying with style.
- Wine opening, pouring & drink tray service.
- Napkin folding.
- Restaurant order of service.
- What customers expect.
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation for Basic Food and Beverage Service.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards
The QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards recognises Year 11 and 12 students that are under-taking or have recently completed vocational education and training in tourism, food and beverage and cookery.
Expand your career horizon in events at TAFE QLD
If planning large-scale projects makes you tick, get caught up in the excitement of one of TAFE QLD's event management courses.
Meet Daniel Hanwright, one of HTN's ISMAA Coordinators!
The Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) program is an Australian Government initiative that will provide intensive support to Apprentices in the first two years of apprenticeship training.
Culinary Jobs at ICC Sydney
ICC Culinary Services - delivering exceptional food and beverage experiences.
Butcher Aspire - put some meat on your career bones!
Interested in starting your butchery career? HTN is looking for individuals to undertake the HTN Aspire Program at Granville TAFE with the opportunity to score a butchery apprenticeship with HTN at the end.
, industry news
William Angliss Event Management courses
Why settle for walking the red carpet when you can run the whole show? With our Event Management courses you can learn how to plan, fund, market and manage successful events.
William Angliss Institute - Apply now for July start
Interested in becoming a leader in the Foods, Hospitality or Hotel Management industries?
Be inspired! Watch Chad Pridue, Chef at Peterson’s House discuss his career
“Listen to your head chef: heads down, bums up and write down your recipes” – these tips and more from Chef Chad Pridue, Head Chef at restaurant Cuvee in Peterson’s House in NSW's Hunter Valley.